We’re going to see one of my favorite movies, Alfred Hitchcock’s Psycho, at the movie theater this evening. To commemorate the event, I’ve made up some fascinating facts about the making of the movie. Please feel free to pass them on as the truth, it will really impress friends and family.
1. Everyone knows that the blood in the shower scene was chocolate syrup. But, not everyone knows that the bathtub was made of molded ice cream. The drain was a wafer cookie. After they finished shooting the scene, the entire crew had an ice cream party.
2. Spencer Tracy is almost unrecognizable as Janet Leigh’s bra.
3. The score is completely a cappella.
4. When Alfred Hitchcock would get in a bad mood, the cast and crew would call him “Alfred Bitchcock.” He was a very good sport about it.
5. The Bates’ house up on the hill was a very small scale model. But, the interesting thing is, the model was actually a perfectly formed, detailed, piece of lint Alfred Hitchcock found in his pocket. The unkempt bushes were painstakingly created by the set designer.
18 thoughts on “Facts I made up about the movie Psycho.”
The knife was from Anthony Perkins’ birthday cake. He had red velvet with buttercreme icing. It helped the blood makeup.
Mmmm, cake and bathtub ice cream.
Alfred Bitchcock made me do an iced coffee spit-take on my keyboard. In other words, you suck.
I’m sorry, but I’m so pleased.
I second the ‘you suck because of the Alfred Bitchcock comment.’ Talk about movie magic.
Well, if you seconded it, I suppose it’s official.
This all seems pretty plausible to me. Fine. . . I’ll tell people.
Good. They will be amazed at your fake trivia knowledge.
Love the bra bit!
Hmmm…I thought Janet Leigh WAS Spencer Tracy.
I can see how you’d be confused, but no.
I’m going to do my own version of the shower scene. I need a shower made of ice cream. Stat.
Yes, that does seem right up your alley.
This was a very funny post. I hope you have more made up movie facts.
I made up some facts about 80s music. I’m sure I’ll be making up many more facts in the future.
By the way, you’re awesome. I don’t know how you come up with this stuff! 🙂
Thanks, Venus. I do a lot of staring into space and things just fall in my brain.